Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Linear Regression

Not only do you need to enter the function as an array formula, you
must enter it in a range of cells, not a single cell. Since the
function returns an array of values, it must be entered into a range
big enough to display all the return values. E.g., select range A1:C5,
type the formula and press CTRL SHIFT ENTER.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:11:02 -0800, al boccia <al
wrote:

I have been struggling to get the LINEST function to work for me. I have
checked out the instructions for the function, and have followed them
carefully, but I can't get LINEST to return either the basic results (slope
and intercept) or the full array of output (with the STATS option set to TRUE
(or 1). I am entering the formula as an array formala, as instructed. No
matter what I do, all I get is the slope result as a single number.

Al Boccia