Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Copying Tab references

For the example you posted.

In register sheet in K55 enter =INDIRECT("'FO" & (ROW(6:6)) & "'!B37")

Copy down to K57.............only the ROW(6:6) will increment.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 07:46:03 -0800, Swansea Jack
wrote:

Hi All

I have a workbook with many tabs in it. The front tab is a register of
events with each row as a unique event record.

Each event record also has it's own individual tab with more info stored in
it [the layout of each individual tab is the same as each other]

I need to link cells from the front register to the appropriate individual
tab for each event record and visa versa. No problem with this - one by one,
but I have many events and tabs to link together. Not only time consuming but
prone to errors.

Is there a way [there usually is] of copying a cell reference from an
individual tab across to the other cells on the register but getting the
reference to change to each new individual tabs
EG
My tab reference on front register cell K55 is ='F06'!$B$37
My tab refernece on front register cell K56 is ='F07'!$B$37
My tab refernece on front register cell K57 is ='F08'!$B$37

How can I change the tab reference quickly ????

Hope this makes sense :)