Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MichaelZ MichaelZ is offline

Default Identifying when all values in a range are the same.

I have a row of user inputted responses (e.g., F20:K20). The possible
value = 0, 1, 3, or 5, respectively in cells L20:Q20. Id like a routine
that will create an €śX€ť in a table on a separate worksheet when all of the
number values for a particular row are the same (e.g., all 0s in L20:Q20).
The problem is that it is not known beforehand how many of the cells F thru K
(and hence, cells L thru Q) will have responses. If a cell in the range F
thru K is left blank, a €śFALSE€ť is returned in the corresponding cell in the
range L thru Q. However, I dont want the €śFALSE€ť cells to be included in
the determination of whether all of the number values for a particular row
are the same. A second, issue is that when the number values for a
particular row are the same, it is not known beforehand what the number value
will be, other than it will be either 0, 1, 3, or 5.

Anyones help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.