Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default IRR showed #NUM!

I get #NUM too.
Your numbers are quite big. If I divide all numbers by 100, I get 26.43%.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"bakbuk" wrote in message
I still have the problem with this matter. I tried it at my friend's
computer
and the result is still the same (#NUM!). I also tried by creating a new
excel file but contain the same value, and it happened again. Both of us
use
Office2007, saved and tried the file in .xls and .xlsx format. Is there
something wrong? thanks again.

"bakbuk" wrote:

It worked? oww...I wonder why mine didn't...
I'll try to troubleshoot then, thanks for the result

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

bakbuk -

With the years in A2:A11 and the cash flows in B2:B11, in another cell
=IRR(B2:B11) returns 34%.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"bakbuk" wrote in message
I am trying to use IRR function for my string of cash flows for 10
years:
Year | Cash Flows
2009 | -272,895,028,812
2010 | -207,524,139,910
2011 | -185,716,940,803
2012 | -9,306,121,279
2013 | 326,372,394,532
2014 | 245,782,146,138
2015 | 501,268,808,310
2016 | 497,663,783,563
2017 | 493,577,645,807
2018 | 488,974,344,794

The formula I am using is simply:
=IRR("Range of Data")

I am getting the #NUM! error...any assistance please?

Thanks!