Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ron@Buy Ron@Buy is offline

Default Ecel + Date

Nancy
I assume that when you say 'several columns down' you mean 'several rows
down' - in which case if your date is in cell A1 then in cell A2 enter
formula =A1 and copy down as many rows as required. Make sure you have
formatted the column to the date format you require.
If you want to be more sophisicated; lets assume you will be entering data
against each date in column B. So in cell A2 your formula would be
=IF(B2"",A1,"") and copy down.
This will have the effect of making the date appear only when there is data
in the row.
Hope this helps.

"Nancy" wrote:

I want to create a date in a column, I want the date to continue several
columns down as I work, how do I maintain the same date. I have just been
doing keyboard shortcuts, or cut & paste. I know there is a common formula
for this, I just cannot find.