Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Can I hide a row conditional upon a cell value?

To start...........formulas cannot hide anything so you must either filter
manually or use event code.

Depends upon how the quantity is derived which event type to use.

I will assume the value is formula-derived.

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
'Hide rows with formulas that return 0
Dim cell As Range
On Error GoTo endit
Application.EnableEvents = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With Me.UsedRange
.Rows.Hidden = False
For Each cell In .Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas)
If cell.Value = 0 Then cell.EntireRow.Hidden = True
Next cell
End With
endit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 15:38:00 -0800, davo1805
wrote:

I want to create a sheet which will serve as a Proforma Invoice displaying
data from a Bill of Materials sheet within the same file. For any line item
where the qty is 0, I would like that row to be hidden so that the Invoice
bears only the line items relevant to the proposed supply.