Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michael Michael is offline

Default combinding two rows into one

You could sort your data by part and description,after selecting the whole
area with data from the main menu select:
Data - Subtotals
Then on the dialog window from the dropdown box select:
At each change in: Part#
Use Function: Sum
Add subtotal to: Qty

So you can keep track of the original data or proceed to delete all of the
data you wont use by setting up an autofilter and selecting Custom:
Does not end with Total

--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Roger" wrote:

I have many rows of data that have duplicatations that I would like to sum
into one consolidation of data. example

part # / description / qty

111 / widget 1 / 15
111 / widget 1 / 25

is there a formula that would consolidate the above two rows into this

111 / widget 1 / 40

thanks in advance