Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
az willie az willie is offline

Default Count cells in column that contain number in a range

I have a column of times in 24 hour format. I want to have a formula that
counts the number of cells in the column that contain a time in a certain
range.

That is if the cell contains a time between 22:00 and 23:00 the cell should
be counted. I will have to do that for each hour.

I am trying to determine how many times during the night events happen in
each time period. So I want to have a formula that counts the cells that
fall within the time periods.

I have tried =COUNTIF(I47:I3846,"23:01:<24:00")but it just returns zeros
and I know there are cells with times in that range.

All help / suggestions / solutions / jokes appreciated :)

--
If you don't believe in Freedom of Speech for people you despise ... you
don't believe in it at all.