Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brian D[_2_] Brian D[_2_] is offline

Default Massive Find and Replace

Thanks to you (Sheeloo) and Pete_UK. It works awsome.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Assuming you have Codes and Names in Sheet1
and Codes in Sheet2 Col F, which you want replaced by Names

Enter this in G1
=VLOOKUP(F1,Sheet1!A:B,2,False)
and copy down till the last row with Codes in Col F

You will get company names in Col G (and #N/A for those codes not found in
Sheet1)

You can then Copy Col G, Paste Special|Values on Col G and delete Col F

"Brian D" wrote:

I have 3000 codes in column A1. I have 3000 company names in column A2. I
have a seperate worksheet that has column F with random codes. I need the
codes replaced with the company names. Any ideas?