Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Massive Find and Replace

You can use VLOOKUP for this. Note, though, that A1 and A2 are
individual cells, not columns, so your post is a bit confusing. I
think you mean that you have codes in column A and names in column B -
suppose these are in Sheet1, and in Sheet2 you have your random codes
in column F. You can use this formula in G2:

=VLOOKUP(F2,Sheet1!A$1:B$3000,2,0)

and then just copy this down for as many random codes as you have.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 10, 12:02*am, Brian D <Brian
wrote:
I have 3000 codes in column A1. *I have 3000 company names in column A2.. *I
have a seperate worksheet that has column F with random codes. *I need the
codes replaced with the company names. *Any ideas?