Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
knowshowrosegrows knowshowrosegrows is offline

Default Text removal question

Shazam!

That was a quick reply. Thanks

There are about four concepts in that formula that I will need to read up on
to understand. Great -

Unfortunately, when I pasted it in and hit CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER I got #N/A. Any
ideas?
--
Thanks

You all are teaching me so much

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=RIGHT(A1,MATCH(" ",MID(A1,LEN(A1)-ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1))),1),0))
This is an array formula that must be entered with CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER rather
than just the ENTER key.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200819

"knowshowrosegrows" wrote:

I have a column (A1) that has text similar to the following:
Adult Services-DMHAS, Bridgeport A100215249400

I want to take only the text to the right of the last space. The resulting
column (A2) would have the following text in it:
A100215249400

Can someone tell me the formula for this?--