Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Default Merging 2 spreadsheets

You could use a multi-criteria index/match
Something along these lines ..

Sheet2's data in cols A to D
where cols A, B are the match cols (surname-forename),
cols C & D contain the info to be extracted into Sheet1

In Sheet1,
In A2:B2 down are the coincident match data (surname-forename)
Put in D2, normal ENTER:
=INDEX(Sheet2!C$2:C$10,MATCH(1,INDEX((Sheet2!$A$2: $A$10=$A2)*(Sheet2!$B$2:$B$10=$B2),),0))
Copy D2 to E2, fill down as far as required to return cols C and D from
Sheet2 (username, password). Adapt the ranges to suit the actual extents of
data in Sheet2.
--
Max
Singapore
"Gasbag" wrote:
Can I merge 2 spreadsheets based on the two left most columns and insert two
new columns in the merge? Spreadsheet 1 has surname, forename, addresses.
Spreadsheet 2 has surname, forename, username and password. I want to insert
the username and password from Sheet 2 into Sheet 1?
If anyone can help it would be great!