Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] dedblank@gmail.com is offline

Default Duplicate Error!!!!!

Hello,
I have ran into an issue with Excel 2003.
Problem: I am formulating Unique values from a column and counting
them on an Excel app.
Issue: I noticed that that the values of the count are sometimes off
by 1

I am searching through a column of values that contain both Letters
and Numbers.
I discovered that if there is letter that equals the same numeric
value (i.e. 5 and the letter E (Fifth character)) and there are two
values that are unique but contain that circumstance Excel see it as a
duplicate.

I am using this formula to find the distinct value:
=IF(OR(COUNTIF(CJ$1:CJ1,CG2:CG$210&"")=0),INDEX(CG 2:CG$210,MATCH
(0,COUNTIF(CJ$1:CJ1,CG2:CG$210&""),0)),"")
and this one to count that column:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(CJ2:CJ201<""))

Example:
E00X00838Q0
E00X0083AQ0
E00X00865E0 <--This one and
E00X0086EE0 <--This one are seen as duplicates
E00X00878E0
E00X00879E0

Is there a work around for this issue?