Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default Moving date line

More importantly, I'm trying to create a vertical red bar that
automatically advances left to right as each week passes.

Try Conditional Formatting. Assuming real dates (1st-of-week chrono dates)
are listed in B2 across to say E2, you could select B3:E3, then apply CF
using Formula Is: =AND(ISNUMBER(B2),B2<TODAY())
Format with red fill, ok out. That should yield the progressive red bar that
you seek.
--
Max
Singapore
"Ben White" wrote:
The person who used to create our spreadsheets has left the office, and I've
been tasked with trying to recreate what she used to do with seeming ease.

I'm trying to create a calender for our projects, with a series of dates
(the first date of each week) in adjacent cells horizontally, all grouped
within a scroll-bar.

Move importantly, I'm trying to create a vertical red bar that
autonmatically advances left to right as each week passes.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help us.