Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CGCPA CGCPA is offline

Default Copy paste special

Thanks for the reply Bob, yes I have correctly selected the cells and have
right clicked in the target area "destination" - I have gone to the clipboard
hit copy from there then attempted to go to destination then "paste " from
the clipboard. I've been doing this (complex spreadsheets) for 30 years and
have tried all the options. I'm baffled to say the least. There is a conflic
somewhere that is killing excel, no viruses, running MS sql 2005 application
programs, Prevasive Database of Peachtree, Quickbooks, applications in
Access, other acctg applications and etc . Your help is greatly appreciated

"Bob I" wrote:

R-click on the destination and select Paste Special.

CGCPA wrote:

Excel 2007 - when attempting to "copy - paste" both from within the same
worksheet and from other open worksheets the drop down menu in the clipboard
does not give me the Paste special option as described in the Help topics (as
was available in thye excel 2003) right clicking paste in the target area
gives me the paste special option but when I click it it opens in a window
that only allows the options of "unicode text" or "text". There is no menue
of options as in 2003. Where is my copy special features? I have uninstalled
and reinstalled Office 2007 with no avail.