Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AHizon via OfficeKB.com AHizon via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Calculating overdue date fields

I have a column with dates that I'd like to use a count formula where it
counts the total number of rows that are past a certain date. How
can I write the formula to calculate this count? Below is an example of what
I mean. A1 is the cell for the date criteria that will determine how many
dates are past due in column B. Column B will have mixture of date and text.
The count should include only "TBD" as overdue when calculating the number
past due.
The answer based on the example below should be 3. Can anyone help me create
this formula?
A1 = 11/25/08

Column B
12/31/08
10/31/08
03/01/13
12/31/08
11/30/08
12/31/08
01/15/09
12/30/08
09/09/09
12/30/08
12/31/08
Not Started
12/30/08
01/30/09
12/31/08
Rqstor on Lv
11/30/08
01/31/09
12/31/08
12/31/08
12/30/08
On Hold
12/30/08
On Hold
12/31/08
12/31/08
10/10/08
01/31/09
12/30/08
11/30/08
1/30/09
4/15/09
TBD
01/30/09
12/31/08
06/30/09
01/31/09
12/15/08
01/31/09

I'm using Excel 2007 and the answer should only be 3 when it counts the dates
before 11/25/08 and "TBD" cells. I want to show only dates that are overdue
and "TBD". How can I get the formula to only count the dates before a date
criteria and "TBD"?