Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jordan Jordan is offline

Default how do u turn time into a number

=INT(p7/2)*5 it gave me the answer 5... it still didn't give me the right
answer.
my hours have been converted to 3.45. thanks but still need more help

"JoRDaN" wrote:

i needed to calculate some hours from work and now that i am done it won't
let me turn my answer into a number. How do i do it?
total time 3:45

i want it to be 3.45 because i need to divide it by 2 and then multiply it
by 5
but when i put the formula it does not give me the right answer? can
someone help me? To understand what i am saying is that every 2 hours = 5
points but since I only worked 3.45 hours then how can i get a formula to get
an answer.