Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChewinFoil ChewinFoil is offline

Default text to column

Thanks. I'm really new to functions and trying to understand what they all
do. I really appreciate the rapid reply. The data that I paste in is
actually in three cells H7, I7, J7. H7 winds up being a 7 digit number and I
want the resulting digits to go to V18:AB18. I7 is 8 digits and I want it to
go to AE18:AL18. J7 is 8digits and I want it to go to N18:U18. I tried
replacing the A1 in the function you provided with the appropriate cell and
copying it into where I wanted the data to wind up but it didn't work.
Obviously I don't really understand the function. Any help would appreciated
and if you could briefly explain why, that's all the better. I like thing to
work but I like to know why as well.
Again thanks for responding so quickly.

ChewinFoil -)------

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Say we are going to put a number in A1. In B1 enter:

=MID($A1,COLUMN()-1,1) and copy across
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200818