Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default return a sum between two dates

Which is your date column? Give some examples for yor dates and their format!
What does "code XYZ" mean? There is no such code in your example!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛The Fru Fru€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

This returns an error, that i think is in my date formatting, as when i
investigate the error, this is the first thing to go wrong. Any suggestions?

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

Try this

=sumproduct((range1="Jan")*(range2="XYZ"),sum_rang e)

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"The Fru Fru" wrote in message
I have data list with invoice details in it, invoice#, supplier, 12 or 13
digit code, cost, details etc. What I want to do is create a formula that
will return the total Cost of all invoces with code XYZ for the month of
january.

country site group code
700 441 5790 020 = Site x haz waste
700 203 5790 020 = Site y haz waste
700 441 5790 50 = Site x general waste
700 441 5210 500 = Local travel

I want the formula to return the dollar value for hazardous waste in
january.

Can you help!