Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
leerem leerem is offline

Default Creating a folder on SaveAs

many thanks Mike

Regards

Lee

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

I would always check for the existence of the folder first with a call to a
function as below.
foldername = "D:\Store Returns\Contacts\StoreNo\"
If Not DirExist(FolderName) Then
MkDir FolderName

Function DirExist(FolderName) As Boolean
On Error Resume Next
ChDir (FolderName)
If Err < 0 Then
DirExist = False
Else
DirExist = True
End If
On Error GoTo 0
End Function
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"leerem" wrote in message
Hi All, Your assistance is required.

How would I progmatically save an excel file to a folder that doesn't yet
exist. I'm writing an attachment to a code that saves a straightforward
file,
however when the user saves a new file (eg. a new store has opened) I
need
to identify that store by their Store No. with the related files stored
within.

So I need to save the file as for example:

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="D:\Store Returns\Contacts\StoreNo\" &
FileNameSave, FileFormat:=xlNormal

With StoreNo being the New Folder that needs to be created and
FileNameSave
as the File Name.

In short how do you create a folder with code.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards
Lee