Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Gross taxation formula

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 07:47:25 +1300, "Bill Kuunders"
wrote:

I have a huge respect for Harry and Ron. They help a lot of people
understand the use of excel.
However the formula which is explained by John? McGimpsey does do it all
without any tables.
I'm wondering why you haven't tried this.
Did it not work?

Bill K
NZ

Interesting, I do not see McGimpsey's contribution.

By the way, Bill, using tables, especially for something like US taxes, has a
huge advantage in that it can be easily modified.

If the tax rates change; or if you want to make different assumptions (e.g.
Single/Married/etc), it is a simple matter to either change the table, or set
up a new table and refer to that. That's usually much easier that trying to
edit a hard-coded formula.
--ron