Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Pivot Tables

To change the appearance of the numbers and show the % sign:

Right-click one of the numbers in the pivot table, and click on Field
Settings
Click the Number Format button
Click Custom Category
In the Type box, enter: General"%"
Click OK

PAL wrote:
I am venturing into the world of pivot talbes. Ultimately I would like the
report to be a table that essentially concatentates "n (%)", the number value
following by the percentage.

Currently, I have 2 pivot tables, they are identical except, one is the
count, the other is percentage. I do a paste special onto another worksheet
and from there, I can concatenate. This is a lot of work.

Any shortcuts? Thanks.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures