Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default words in cell change to pound signs

Change the formatting of the cell to General.

Excel has a problem with a text-formatted cell when number of characters are
between 255 and 1024.

If entering numbers or dates, widen the column.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 20:04:01 -0800, Marsha
wrote:

When I go to the next cell to type in text, the words in the cell I just
finished typing turn into ############. I have to double click to turn them
back into words, but they go right back to ########## when I go to another
cell. I have the cell formatted for text and wrap text. Does anyone know
what to do to fix this?