Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default Date

You should always enter dates in Excel using the year as well, otherwise it
will guess.

If the dates are only for display preformat the cells as text and it will
return whatever
you write otherwise use the year as well

Peo Sjoblom

"Lena Hermansson" <Lena wrote in
message ...
Hi.

In Sweden the short way to write a date is on the format dd/MM.
I have set up the cell format as Date - 14-mars.
When I type in the date 26/12 it is converted to 26-dec (as it should) but
when I type 04/12 it is converted to 12-apr instead of 4-dec as I want.

How do I get exel to convert the date according to Swedish settings?

Thanx in advanced.

/Lena