Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Worksheet renaming

Well that's a new one, thanks Dave

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

It'll be easier to see if you create a .CSV file.

Then close excel and use windows explorer to include the []'s in the name.

Then reopen excel and open the .CSV file.

Mike H wrote:

Hi Dave,

I wasn't aware of that can you show me a sample filename that prevents this
worksheet renaming.

Mike

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Close excel
Open windows explorer
Rename the files and remove any square brackets ([]) in the file name.

Open the files in excel and try renaming the worksheets again.

jwilliam33 wrote:

I have several worksheets within an Excel file, however, when I renamed them,
they all saved with a .xls] extension and now I am unable to rename them and
cannot include them in a formula without an error. How do I rename the
worksheets without the extensions as the normal renaming function will not
allow me to do so. Thanks.
--
Jay W.

--