Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Date Range

Well, just follow the example I gave you. Using VLOOKUP with only 3
parameters will cause it to look for the highest match which is less
than or equal to the lookup value. So, if you have 21 days, it will
match with 0 and return "0-34 days". If you have 57 days, this will
match with 35 and return "35-69 days". The data has to be sorted
(which it is).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 5, 4:41*pm, Beth wrote:
Hi Pete

The dates are all different, so it will not be exactly 35 or 70 days. *E.g
the date may be 21 days ago!

Nested IF statements have worked but they are not very elegant. *VLookup
would be much better if I can get it working.

Thank you,
Beth

"Pete_UK" wrote:
I assume you are comparing those dates (assumed to be in column A)
with today's date. If so, then set up your table like this:

* *0 * * 0-34 days
* 35 * *35-69 days
* 70 * *70-104 days
105 * *105-139 days
140 * *140+

Suppose this occupies L1:M5, then put this formula in B1:

=VLOOKUP(TODAY()-A1,L$1:M$5,2)

and copy down. I've assumed that your dates are all older than today,
but if they are dates in the future then you will need to change it
to:

=VLOOKUP(A1-TODAY(),L$1:M$5,2)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 5, 4:10 pm, Beth wrote:
Hello,

I have got a list of dates. *For each date I want to show whether this is
0-34 days, 35-69 days, 70-104 days, 105 to 140 days or 140+

I have set up a table with the different ranges in and now need to look up
to the table.

Any ideas would be apreciated. *Thank you.
Beth- Hide quoted text -