Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default How do I sort names Alphabelically in my lists

Hi,

Sorting in Excel basically works the same regardless of the operating
system. What version of Excel are you sorting in and what is the list you
are sorting?

Just one minor point in all versions of Excel pressing the Sort (button?)
would only open the Sort dialog box. (Note in 2003 and earlier this toolbar
button is not even exposed). Your two choices are Sort Ascending or Sort
Descending as far as buttons on the toolbars are concerned, until 2007, in
which case you do have a Sort button but again it takes you to the Sort
dialog box.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"anne" wrote:

In the last Windows all I did was press "Sort" and it all happened.