Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CharlieEcho561 CharlieEcho561 is offline

Default Function usage and outcome clarification

Thank you very much Biff. I am sorry I had to leave the discussion last
evening but I applied your suggestion this morning and it rendered exactly
what I desired. I feel rather shallow seeing that the formulation was so
rudimentary and I need not have gone through such elaborate means to
accomplish my desired result.
Since this is my first exposure into this posting for help method, I have
another problem with a budget sheet I am working on. The challenge is I
would like to have totals for subparts within the column but I do not want
the intermittent subtotals in the column to misrepresent the grand total for
expenses in the column? I have tried subtotaling but I seem top need to go
through the column and apply the subtotal cells into a long =sum()
formulation. Do you recommend my initiating a new posting into the discussion
arena or is there another recommended method for easily answering this delema?
--
Shed2

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try one of these entered in A2 then copied down as needed:

If you only have column B and C to deal with:

=11*(B2+C2)

If you have more than just 2 columns:

=11*SUM(B2:H2)

Where H2 represents the column for Sunday

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"CharlieEcho561" wrote in message
Sheet should look something like this
a b c
1 Cost Monday Tue
2 11 1
3 22 2
4 11 1
5 33 2 1

SO, for each quantity in column b or c I want to multiply either/or with
11
to create the cost that days activity.

Is this sufficient clarification?

Shed
Shed2

"T. Valko" wrote:

Can you post an example with the desired result?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"CharlieEcho561" wrote in message
I am attempting to derive a number (cost) if eihter of the two adjacent
column cells have whole numbers. The cost factor is a constant 11. So
tried forcing the IF funcion then a combination of IF and OR but once I
suspect I got the formatting correct all I could get were alpha
characters
in
the cost column. Would someone please direct me how to get the numeric
number in the cost colum by multiplying either or both of the cells in
the
subsequent adjacent cells in the row?
Thanks
--