Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve D Steve D is offline

Default Transpose with Match ?

Thanks for the response, and formula.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Transpose is not needed
In F3 of Sheet2 enter =VLOOKUP($B$2,Sheet1!$C$3:$AH$20,ROW()-1,FALSE)
Copy down the column
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Steve D" wrote in message
Was wondering if possible to use the Transpose function with another
function. On Sheet 1, I have names in C3:C20, with data in each row of the
names, from D3:AH20. What I want to do then, is on Sheet 2, B2, anyone of
those names from Sheet 1 can be entered, then have the data from Sheet 1
on
that row that matches the name entered, be transposed to F3:F33 on Sheet
2.
So anytime the name is changed on Sheet 2, B2, the correct data is
transposed
from Sheet 1. Thanks in advance for any help or insight on this. Steve