Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheila Sheila is offline

Default Creating drop down list without arrow

Hello,

I was given a project to do in Excel 2003, to have a list appear like a
column after clicking on a cell in each column. I was told to use validate
but it's not doing exactly what was requested.

I am supposed to have a few column lists that show up after clicking each
appropriate cell. For example...

Under the heading Dept., I click the cell right undernearth the heading and
there is supposed to be a list that pops up with all the data that I can
select from, which seems easy because if you click the arrow that
appears...you can then select which dept you want, BUT he said that the
spreadsheet he saw had no arrows beside the columns. It was automatic, you
put the cursor in the box and the list shows up with all the choices.

I've looked all over and have not found the right answer to having the list
show up only by clicking on the cell.

If I uncheck the option for the arrow then no list shows up when I click on
the cell.