Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Formula for empty cell

I cannot think how to do this at the moment with Data Validation.
Others may give you a VBA solution
Meanwhile, how about using Conditional Formatting ?
With B9 as the active cell use this rule: =COUNTA(A10,13)<1 and set a fill
color to alert the user of an error.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"collyer3" wrote in message
I am trying to put a validation into a cell that would refer to two other
cells. I want to make it so if I try to type text into B9 cell, I either
have
to put an X in cell A10 or A13 first. I sure there's a way to do this, but
can't figure it out. Any ideas?