Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Scott R Scott R is offline

Default Data Validation Custom with V Lookup

Thanks guys I will try this and get back to you.. think its a bit out of my
league though.. appreciate your help.. :)

"Scott R" wrote:

Hi Everyone, I am a bit confused here.. trying to have a cell validated to
only allow between 2 numbers (depending on the vlookup).. i have tried a
formula below which wont work.. not sure if i can even do such a validation?
any help on this would be greatly appreciated..

=IF(J41="hannan",'=(VLOOKUP(C41,'Insert
Label'!W3:Y8,2,0))'<=(vlookup(c41,'insert label'!w3:y8,3,0))," ")