Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default vlookup and lookup

Well, at this point I'm out of suggestions and would need to see the file to
figure it out.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ruth" wrote in message
The first column in the table are just manually entered. The result to
your
suggested formula is FALSE. Cell R14 is a formula: =+ROUND((I14/$I$91),2)
--
Ruthie

"T. Valko" wrote:

Ok, that means there's a problem with the numbers in your table.

In the first column of your table you have:

0.01
0.02
0.03
0.04

Are these numbers calculated and the result of a formula?

If cell R14 = 0.04 as you state, compare that value to the 0.04 value in
your table.

=R14=cell in table that is 0.04

Do you get a result of TRUE or FALSE?

What result do you get with this formula:

=(R14-cell in table that is 0.04)=0

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ruth" wrote in message
The return is #N/A which means an exact match isn't found, correct?
But I
don't understand why?
--
Ruthie

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try using the VLOOKUP formula but set the 4th argument to 0:

=VLOOKUP(R16,'[Job Size Multipliers
Table.xlsx]Sheet1'!$A$1:$B$10000,2,0)

That means you want an exact match.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ruth" wrote in message
Cell R14 =+ROUND((I14/$I$91),2) Returns value .04
Cell S14 =LOOKUP(R14,'[Job Size Multipliers
Table.xlsx]Sheet1'!$A$1:$A$10000,'[Job Size Multipliers
Table.xlsx]Sheet1'!$B$1:$B$100000)
Returns value 2.405 but works on .01; .02;.03 and some others.
Job Size Multipliers Table - partial table.
0.01 3.163
0.02 2.660
0.03 2.405
0.04 2.238
I also tried the vlookup
=VLOOKUP(R16,'[Job Size Multipliers
Table.xlsx]Sheet1'!$A$1:$B$10000,2)
--
Ruthie

"porter444" wrote:

Please include the forumla you are currently using.

Also, take a look at this explaination of VLOOKUP:

If my posting was helpful, please click the "Yes" button.

ROCK ON!,

Scott

"Ruth" wrote:

I'm using a simple 2 column table with either vlookup or lookup
function and
some of the return values are the row above. I realize if it
doesn't
have an
exact match it will return the next largest value that is less so
used the
Round function to make sure there would be exact matches. What
am I
missing?
--
Ruthie