Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default If a value is found return a true/false

One way:

A1: Joe Smith
B1: =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A, A1),"Webstore User","")

In article ,
lbeemer wrote:

I am wanting to take a customer list and have it return a true or false value
if the number is found on another list.

Specifics- I have a master spreadsheet of all my customers sorted by their
customer number.

I have another spreadsheet that lists only those customers that have made
purchases online.

I want my master customer list to say "Webstore User" if their customer
number is found on my list of webstore users.

I feel like this would be some combination of a lookup and an if then
statement, but can not figure out how to do it.

Thanks for any help!!