Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I highlight a row in Excel based on the current time?

Mistress,

Use Conditional formatting, with the formula is option, and a formula like this:

=AND($A2<=NOW(),($A2+(0.5/24))=NOW())

This assumes that the times in A are actually date and times: 12/3/2008 9:00:00 AM

Select all the cells that you want highlighted, with A2 as the active cell, and apply the CF. If
the active cell is somthing other than A2, then update the formula to reflect that. Select your
color, and it will show the current half hour.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Mistress" wrote in message
I am building a multi-day TV schedule. Half-hours are listed in column A. I
would like to background-fill (highlight) the row corresponding to the
current half hour.