Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pascal[_2_] Pascal[_2_] is offline

Default Multi threaded calculation (multi CPU) - impact on calculation spe

I'm using huge calculation sheets for specific Engineering applications where
the iteration calculation are very low (<5.000 iteration per hour).
I have a labotp with 2 CPU, and Excel 2007 (where you can define wether you
use 1 or 2 CPU for the calculation.
Whatever the nr CPU is (1 or 2), the Excel calculation speed remains
unchanged.
I were thinking to reach higher speed with 2 CPU instead of 1 CPU.
Does somebody has the same experience or idea to be abble to use more then 1
CPU?
I'm thinking to buy a computer with 8 CPU for other time consuming
applications (not Excel), will Excell be improved by this extra nr of CPU?

--
Pascal