Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Auto-Scale

Sometimes people misunderstand the Format Axis dialog. In the scale tab,
when you enter a value for an axis scale parameter, Excel unchecks the Auto
box. If you go back and check this Auto box, Excel reverts to
autocalculating its own parameters. While it may seem silly that someone
would recheck the Auto box, I have seen it enough times, done by intelligent
people, to suspect it in a case like this.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Chris" wrote in message
I am having problems with auto-scale automatically turning on. I have tried
couple of different methods to turn it off. I have reinstalled the
software.
I have had the user recreate the entire spreadsheet. I have tried
suggestion
from Article ID: 215573. I have done everything I can think of and auto
scaling still keeps being turned on.