Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shawn Shawn is offline

Default Is there any way to auto-insert a row?

I have an inventory spreadsheet that uses column A as a site location and
column B as a part number. Is there any way to insert a blank row if A2 does
not equal A1 and A1 is not blank? The locations typically contain anywhere
from 1 to 20 items and the sheet is a little easier to read if I can seperate
each location with a blank row.

Also, is there any way to do a conditional format to fill cells of blank
rows with a specific color? I've tried using a formula for the CF but I
can't figure out how to get the formula to use a variable. For example, if
A2 and A10 are empty I would like only row 2 and row 10 filled with grey. So
far the only CF I've been been able to do with a formula is get all rows to
fill with grey if A2 is empty.