Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
manas manas is offline

Default In Excel Sheet "Formula is too long"

"Manas" Orissa- India wrote:
In excel sheet i face the problem at Row 2325 Column "M" when i click at
sum function mark for calculating it shows "FORMULA IS TOO LONG". If i will
ignour it and continue my work in excel sheet, then can i face any problem
after it ?,. please suggest me about this by my e-mail address.
. "OR" manas _plb@ yahoo.co.in
thanking you

"Mike H" wrote:

roxie

Somewhere out of the way build yourself a table that looks like this

1 Job 1
2 Job 2
3 Job 3
Etc

Then if you enter a job code in (say) a1in the adjacent cell have this
formula
=VLOOKUP(A1,M1:N3,2,FALSE)

In my case the (Shortened) table is in M1 - N3

Mike

"Roxie" wrote:

What is the easiest way to set up a spreadsheet where I can enter a code (Job
code) in one cell and have the description come up in another cell?

I have over 20 job codes and the IF formula will only go to 7.

Thank you.

--
Roxie