Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Auto-Scale

Hi,

I presume you mean the Auto options on the Scale tab?

Auto Scale is the default for all new charts, you can't change the default.
Auto scale automatically turns off when you type a value into the box to its
right. This is true even if the value you enter is the same one that was
there when Auto was on.

what you can do is create a template chart type that has pre entered values
on the Scale tab, thus overriding the Auto feature. When you create a new
chart use the template.

You create a chart template in 2003 by designing the chart and then choosing
Chart, Chart Type, Custom Type, User defined, Add....

And that is where you find it when you want to apply it.

cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Chris" wrote:

I am having problems with auto-scale automatically turning on. I have tried a
couple of different methods to turn it off. I have reinstalled the software.
I have had the user recreate the entire spreadsheet. I have tried suggestion
from Article ID: 215573. I have done everything I can think of and auto
scaling still keeps being turned on.