Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Adding values across a row based on a corresponding column value

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A5="scott")*(B2:B5+C2:C5+D2:D5))

For more details on SUMPRODUCT
Bob Phillips

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Craig Deutsch" wrote in message
This is probably simple, but I cannot figure it out. Question refers to
table below:

Column A Column B Column C Column D
=============================
Julie 600 200 300
Scott 100 200 400
Tom 132132 111 4000
Craig 100 1000 100

Question: I'm trying to help a colleague calculate the value across a row
for Columns B-D when a value in Column A matches the criteria. For
example,
I want Excel to calculate the totals for Scott. The result should be 700.

The formula I'm using is this: =SUMIF(A2:A5,"Scott",B2:D5). I know
there's
something wrong with my Sum_range, but I cannot figure it out. Any help
is
appreciated. Thank you.