Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo[_3_] Sheeloo[_3_] is offline

Default How do I open an Excel file on XP system, saved on a Vista system

What is the file extension? XLSX?

Did you have Excel 2007 on your Vista PC? If yes and if you have Excel 2003
on your XP PC then you either need to save the file in Excel 97-2003 format
in your VISTA PC before mailing or download Excel 2007 viewer in your XP PX
with Excel 2003.

"JLS7" wrote:

I saved an Excel worrksheet on my laptop which runs on Vista. I then emailed
the file to my home computer which runs on Windows XP. When I try to open
the worksheet on the home computer it get an error message which says "This
file is not in a recongnizable format" I've downloaded a number of Microsoft
updates, but they have not helped - I still get the same error message. Any
help would be appreciated.