Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Max number of drop-down list elements in excel

Hi,

The answer is 32,767 items are the max. Use a range as suggested by Dave,
don't type the names into the Source box manually. It not only allows more
items, it also is more flexible to use a range.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jin" wrote:

Is there a max number of elements allowed in drop-down list in Excel? I was
using the data validation and entering the list in the "source" box (using ,
as delimiter), after I entered 34 elements, excel does not allow me to enter
more element to the drop down list.