den

Default Open excel from htm page

I have a list of forms on an intranet web page. When a user clicks on a
link in the web page it opens the appropriate excel form. However, it opens
the form in browser mode. I want the users to be able to fill in the form
and email the excel form to another department. when they click file/send
to they get options to send page or link, but not the actual excel file.

Now for word documents, the browser displays an "Edit with Word" button and
they can click that, make their changes and send it as an attachment. But
in excel there is no "Edit in Excel" button that will allow them to make
changes and email the changed document.

Does any know how to get an "Edit with Excel" button? or.... how to allow
the user to email the changed excel workbook as a workbook instead of as a
page or link.

thanks
Dennis