ScotP

Default Save As CSV problem

When I save a spreadsheet as CSV, and some of the fields at the end of
the row are empty (ie row 1 has 10 fields, and subsequent rows have <10
fields), some rows have consecutive comma's at the end of the row for the
empty fields, and some do not. Anyone see/hear of this behavior? I'm using
Excel 2002 SP3.

To reproduce the problem, try entering 1 - 5 in cells A1 - E1, then
enter 1 & 2 in columns A & B for the next 20 rows. Save as CSV, and open in
notepad, rows 2 - 16 have three comma's at the end, & rows starting at 17 do
not. The problem always starts at row 17 for me.