Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
marlo17 via OfficeKB.com marlo17 via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default fields names do not show in excel 2007 pivot table fields list

Shane Devenshire wrote:
Hi,

If there are not field in the Pivot Table Field List it suggests you may
have the field list portion of the Pivot Table Field List (PTFL) suppressed.
Open the button in the top right corner of the PTFL and make sure the first
option is selected.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

I use both excel 2007 and excel 2003 with xp professional. when I do pivot
tables in exce 2007,the pivot table fields list is empty of field names.
There is nothing to drag to different areas of pivot table. I have tried
anything I could think of. However, that same .xls file works ok in excel
2003!

Hi,Shane
Do you mean the PTFL option above the SHOW/HIDE BUTTON? I have tried that,
but NO fields labels.