Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Comments

Hi,

I prefer the Data Validation choice but the drawback is there is no
indicator that a comment exists. So to see it the user must select the cell.

Another alternative is to insert a new column to the left of column A and
put the comments in that columns. Narrow that column and leave the freeze
panes on the new column B. Widen column B enough so you can see the complete
comments.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Chris waller" wrote:

I have a very large Spreadsheet with entries in Column A. The cells also
contain a comment to let the user know what kind of entries should be on a
particular row. When the user freezes the pane with column A showing why
can we no longer see the comment? Is there an easy way to keep the comment
visible when the user scrolls to the right? TIA