Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Default Pivot table does not automatically update when underlying data cha

How can I make the pivot table update automatically when the underlyng data
changes? (F9 doesn't force an update.)

Think that has been the behaviour all along

In xl 2003, just right-click anywhere within the pivot Refresh Data

And you can always record a macro specific to your pivot
if you think that right-click step isn't simple enough (it is to me)

.. how can I add more data to be
included in an existing pivot table without creating a new one?

You add data to the pivot's underlying source. Then you extend the pivot's
source range by right-clicking anywhere within the pivot Pivot table wizard
Back (to go back to Step 2 of the wizard). Manually edit the range Finish.

Debra Dalgleish has great stuff on
how you can make it dynamic for pivot data sources:
Excel -- Pivot Tables -- Dynamic Data Source
--
Max
Singapore
"PFB" wrote:
Excel 2007, Vista

How can I make the pivot table update automatically when the underlyng data
changes? (F9 doesn't force an update.) Also, how can I add more data to be
included in an existing pivot table without creating a new one?