Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:24:10 -0700, "Magius00"
wrote:

Unfortuntly this was my first port of call. The settings do match up i even
recreated the csv on the laptop desipte it contains no formatting. Worse
thing is if i copy it manualy it copys it with no problems. Only if i use any
macro code does it seam to not work. This of ocurse became even more puzzling
when i saw halfway down the sheet that excel had imported the rest of the
records as text insteadof as a date and i can't apply formatting to this.

There are some instances where Excel gets confused with dates, especially if
they are imported as text.

If you could post

a sample of the contents of the csv file;
the relevant part of the importing macro;
the actual results;
the expected results;
your regional date settings;

we could probably sort it out pretty quickly.

It is likely that Excel sees all of your entries as text, but is mistranslating
some and not translating the others, at all.

--ron