Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Theslaz Theslaz is offline

Default Help with macro

Simon Lloyd wrote:
Like i said i'm not sure about your fax and i don't know the correct
name for that however if you set your default printer to be the fax you
can use this:

Code:
--------------------

Dim fRange As String
fRange = Sheets("Job Pending & Completion List").Cells.Find(What:=Sheets("Print Invoice").Range("I2").Value, _
After:=Sheets("Job Pending & Completion List").Range("A1"), LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:= _
xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Address
With Sheets("Job Pending & Completion List")
.Range(fRange).Offset(0, 7).Value = Date
End With
ActiveSheet.PrintOut

--------------------
Did the rest of the code work for you?

That worked. I will set the Fax printer as the "Default Printer"

I thank you.

Are you up for one more problem/item I would like to setup?

The HP printer that I use does not keep a copy of the actual fax that I
have sent. ( an older model Hp printer did and I used that feature a lot
) What I would like is to have a file generated showing only the
actual invoice and saved on my computer. I would like that file to be
named using the Invoice number and saved as a .CSV file. The file would
be saved to my "T" drive which is an external drive that I use for
backups. I could name the directory "Fax Backups"